I've been colouring my hair for over 20 years, using different brands, so I'm used to rinsing out dye, however, eSalon dye has left an unpleasant waxy type residue in my hair - I've washed it 6 or 7 times now (and soaked it in a hot bath for 20 minutes) & still it hasn't come out - I can't get a brush through my hair, so it looks a mess. It has also left my hair looking quite dull, which isn't satisfactory as my hair is naturally quite shiny/glossy. I have never come across a hair product like it and have never had this happen with previous dyes, so I certainly won't be buying from eSalon again.

Review about: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Waxy residue left in hair, Dull hair.

Had an Experience with eSalon?

Comments

Utica, Michigan, United States #1344497

I agree.I feel like they have changed their formula or something.

I have been using the product for quite a few years and over the past year or so, I can't ever get it out.I have to wash my hair 3 times - at least.

to Eyl #1344995
eSalon Verified Representative

We would like to thank you for being a long time eSalon client and truly apologize that youve been experiencing some difficulty removing the color from your hair over the past year or so.

Your hair color happiness is our number one priority.

Please feel free to email us at help@esalon.com at your earliest convenience with your name and account information so we may follow up with you personally and help any way we can.We hope to hear from you.

I agree I have to shampoo a number of times to get rid of waxy residue having said that find colour does cover grey

I agree. It's like having hair coated with plastic! It does not feel natural.

to Anonymous #1339662
eSalon Verified Representative

At eSalon, we take our clients’ concerns very seriously and apologize that your hair felt as if it were coated with plastic.This feeling is caused by residual color left in your hair and can be removed with a clarifying shampoo.

We appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns and answer any questions you may have.Please feel free to contact us toll-free at (866) 550-2424, Monday- Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm PT, or email us at help@esalon.com with your name and account information so we may further assist you.

eSalon Verified Representative

We sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with the waxy feeling and dull look caused by residual color left in your hair.

Our gel color is crafted from highly pigmented professional-grade dyes, which can leave a residue if not totally washed out per your Personalized Instructions, and sometimes requires a little bit more shampooing than other color.

To thoroughly remove the color in the future, we recommend that you deeply massage the color at your scalp (and any other areas where color was applied) with a touch of water for 2-3 minutes, prior to rinsing. This will help loosen any residual color and prevent staining on your scalp. If you still have this feeling, we then suggest using a color-care clarifying shampoo to remove any of the remaining residue from your hair, leaving it feeling fresh and squeaky clean.

We always want you to feel great about your hair after using our color.

Even if we’ve already refunded your purchase under our 100% satisfaction guarantee, please don’t hesitate to email us at help@esalon.com as we’d be happy to help you in any way we can.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you’ll reach out to us to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.