4.0
Turnaround Time

A year ago I would have highly encouraged anyone to try this service.That is no longer the case.

Esalon has changed something in their formulation and the color is near impossible to wash out. I have been using their service for years, I know how to use their product, they have definitely changed something. They know how difficult it is to remove their color, read any of their replies to these reviews. Rather than fix whatever change they have made, they have adopted a blame the user reply.

It seems really, REALLY counter productive to sell a hair-color product that requires multiple shampoos to remove. That or brilliant marketing, you are washing out your fresh color minutes after applying it, needing more and keeping them in business. :P Should you happen to try it, please know, you may well spend A LOT of time in the shower. Even loosening the color as instructed, it may be a LONG process.

When you think you have it all rinsed out, move the wand and your hair will foam some more. The last 4 or 5 colors, I have literally spent 45 minutes in the shower trying to remove all the color from my long hair, even though I just do root touch up. I still have 2 or 3 days of sticky, gummy dull hair. It's so gross afterward.

Seriously gross. Probably not healthy for your scalp or hair to have that product clinging to your head for days. If I didn't have so much gray to cover, and this product didn't provide such good color over my gray, I would be done with them. Vanity forces me to continue, I just know now to color when I will not be going out for the next few days.

Esalon knows they have this issue, they suggest users go buy a build up removing shampoo, why aren't THEY providing this product in the kit? The shampoo they provide is nice, but they seem to know it's inadequate to remove the color. FIX THAT Esalon, you remove the convenience of home color by forcing someone to leave the house with gross hair to buy another company's product to attempt to remove YOUR product from their hair. It's convenient.

They do a nice job on my color. It covers my gray hair. It's fairly reasonably priced. For those reasons, I will continue to stay.

It didn't used to be this way.It shouldn't be this way.

Review about: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Product changed.

Preferred solution: Provide an adequate shampoo to remove the product. .

I liked: Original formulation.

I didn't like: Current formulation.

Had an Experience with eSalon?

Comments

Same thing happened to me.Thick globs at the roots, felt like my hair had melted and I freaked out.

Had to wash twice with my own shampoo to get it out. Hair looked like limp lifeless sad hair for days. The formula used to be wonderful.

They definietely changed something because it's awful now.Canceled my account with them.

to NashvilleNikki #1359428
eSalon Verified Representative

We are so sorry to hear that it took shampooing twice to remove the color from your hair and that youve canceled your account because of this.

While we have not changed the ingredients in our formulations, our professional-grade gel color is highly pigmented and can feel heavy if not totally washed out per the instructions, and sometimes requires a little bit more shampooing.

Were happy to help in any way possible and wed love the opportunity to speak with you further about your concerns.

You may reach us at (866) 550-2424, Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm, PT at your earliest convenience.We hope to hear from you soon.

eSalon Verified Representative

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hair color. We are terribly sorry to hear that you have had a difficult time removing the color from your hair of late and have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

MellyMel2017

For some reason this site added it's own paragraph breaks, I had already broken my post into paragraphs.It made more sense the way I broke it up.

Seriously gross. Probably not healthy for your scalp or...

"Esalon knows they have this issue, they suggest users go buy a build up removing shampoo, why aren't THEY providing this product in the kit?

The shampoo they provide is nice, but they seem to know it's inadequate to remove the color. FIX THAT Esalon, you remove the convenience of home color by forcing someone to leave the house with gross hair to buy another company's product to attempt to remove YOUR product from their hair. It's convenient. They do a nice job on my color.

I am just not satisfied with the experience of using the product and the few days after use.It didn't used to be this way.It shouldn't be this way.

to MellyMel2017 #1358295