1.8
Turnaround Time

I have been coloring my hair since I was 15 and am now 45.I've used MANY products over the years and none of them had the chemical reaction like esalon did on my hair.

I followed the directions as explained to the T and made it to the rinse stage. I applied some water and massaged...but then the color literally turned into CEMENT! Waxy and hard! I didn't panic because I know the more you rub, the more likely the product will pull, so I immediately applied the minuscule amount of shampoo they provided, which helped break down the waxy substance.

I rinsed. And then had to apply my own shampoo to rinse. Then repeated (now 3 times) and rinsed. No lie, this stuff was coming out in CHUNKS.

When I thought I had it all out, I got out and started towel drying. Lo behold, MORE buildup was still in there and I had to jump back in to shampoo for a fourth time! What the heck??? I am NO novice at this and after reading reviews, I now see this is an issue for many.

Now that it's rinsed, my hair is heavy, dull and still feels weird. I will say the color is nice tho... lol.

Cancelling and moving onto the other online brand.STAY AWAY!

Review about: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with eSalon?

Comments

I also used E Salon's crappy products.My hair has felt incredibly dry and I have been losing massive amounts of hair since using it ( which has been a month ago now).

No fake apology or refund, for that matter, will make up for the distress this has caused. I have cried and been physically sick because of this.

How about you replace my hair?DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!

eSalon
eSalon Verified Representative

Were very sorry that it was so difficult to remove the color from your hair and thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

Our gel color is crafted from highly pigmented professional-grade dyes, which can feel heavy if not totally washed out and sometimes requires a little bit more shampooing than other color.

Since you did like your color results, wed love the opportunity to make it up to you by sending you another color, free of charge. Wed also love to share some pro tips for thoroughly removing the color in the future. If youd still prefer a refund, we understand.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we may assist you.We can be reached via phone at (866) 550-2424, Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm PT.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience and hope to hear from you soon.