3.5
Turnaround Time

I am 31 and have been coloring my hair since I was 14.I decided to use esalon after reading a lot of good reviews.

This is my experience with this hair color. Everytime I use this hair color it leaves my hair feeling "waxy" it takes multiple washes to get the dye out. Also in all the years I have used box dye I have never had my hair break of feel "fried". I now after using esalon for a while have been experiencing a lot of breakage and I have a section of hair that helped me to understand what people mean when they said there hair is "fried" and requires fixing treatments.

Also it doesn't seem to be worth it when it comes to covering gray hair as it seems to be the same coverage as box dyes.

After being a customer of esalon and sticking with them for a year I feel like I have to go either back to box dyes or to the actual salon to give my hair a break.Very disappointing.

Review about: Esalon Hair Dye.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

eSalon
eSalon Verified Representative

We’re so sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with our color.

If our highly pigmented professional-grade gel color isn’t totally washed out per the Personalized Instructions, any remaining residue left in your hair may make your hair feel dry and brittle.

A refreshing, vigorous head massage before rinsing the color out usually removes the residue.

Your color happiness is important to us.

Please email your full name and email address used to create your eSalon account to help@esalon.com to with ATTN Director of Customer Service in the Subject Line so we can follow up with you.We hope to hear from you soon.

Could it possibly be because you used box dyes first? I know my hair specialist will not color hair if recently colored via box dye. Just a thought.